Our director has over 30 years of experience in the Staffordshire Fire Service. Our clients can be assured that the service they are receiving is top quality. Having such extensive experience gives our managing director a unique insight into the necessity of high quality fire safety training.
We offer the following training and courses:
- Fire Marshal/Warden training (3-4 hours) which includes extinguisher use on live fire
- Fire awareness training with or without fire training (2 hours)
- Live fire using a variety of extinguishers
- Evacuation drills
- Fire Risk Assessments and Audits
Under new regulation, brought in October 2013, all employees are required to undertake an adequate Fire Safety course, regardless of the industry that they work in. Our courses are ran and taught by experienced tutors who have a wealth of experience in their respective fields, from fire fighting and medical staff. The training that we offer is ideal for a variety of different roles and levels within companies, including managers and supervisors. We also ensure that any fire marshals/ wardens receive relevant training in our Fire Marshal Training course.
It is imperative that all employees are adhering the industry standards, and you as an employer are providing the necessary and up to date training. Employers are bound by the Regulatory Reform (2005), which states that all employers, owners and landlords of businesses or non domestic properties are considered to be the ‘responsible person’. They are required by law to provide staff with information and relevant training on fire safety.
Good fire safety training will give your staff the knowledge to help avoid fires and deal with them, should the need arise. We will cover a variety of subjects including common causes of fires, good housekeeping to avoid fires and evacuation/emergency procedures. We ensure that you and your staff will receive the finest training from verified and registered industry professionals.
Our courses are a balanced mix of both classroom-based theory/ exams and practical training. We will help to guide you safely and securely through practical fire extinguishing You will be taught how to use fire extinguishers properly, and to tackle a blaze in a secure way.
Check out our videos!
Training to Suit Your Business
All of our courses offer you versatility and flexibility. We are more than happy to attend your premises to carry out the training with you and your staff. We are dedicated to providing customers with a comprehensive and high quality service that suits. By offering this service, we are also able to keep the cost down for our customers, meaning that you are receiving the very best training at a very competitive price.
Our bespoke training courses and services are here to help you navigate the legal requirements of Fire Safety, whilst providing a comprehensive and fairly priced service. Our wealth of practical experience ensures that you are receiving some of the best training available. Please feel free to contact us for any further information regarding the Fire Safety Course.
Fire Safety for Schools
By law, anyone who works in a school requires fire safety awareness training. This Fire Safety for Schools training course will help your school comply with this requirement, as it provides staff with the necessary knowledge to help them maintain fire safety measures and follow evacuation procedures. It will explain how they can minimise common fire safety risks in a school and support students and vulnerable people during a fire.
Ensures compliance with the Regulatory Reform (Fire Safety) Order 2005, the Education (School Premises) Regulations 1999, the Fire Safety (Scotland) Regulations 2006 and the Fire Safety Regulations (Northern Ireland) 2010.
Who Should Take This Course?
This Fire Safety for Schools training course is designed for anyone who works in a school setting, such as nurseries, primary schools, and secondary schools. It is appropriate for anyone at any level in a school, whether they teach a class or not.
- School librarians.
- Lunchtime workers.
Employers are required to ensure that all new employees in their school undergo fire safety training when they first start work. They must also ensure that existing employees have their training refreshed if any new fire risks are identified by a risk assessment. This course is suitable as both an introduction to fire safety and a refresher for employees.
Those who are in charge of fire risk assessments and fire evacuation procedures require a higher level of training than this course offers. They will need to receive Fire Warden Training as well as practical training in using firefighting equipment.
Aims of the Course
By the end of this course, learners will be aware of:
- The consequences of fires occurring in schools.
- How fires can start.
- Fire safety law and what it requires of everyone.
- How to minimise fire risks through good housekeeping, safe storage, and other preventative measures.
- How their school can prevent arson.
- The legal requirements surrounding alarm and detection systems, fire extinguishers, and escape routes.
- What to do during a fire emergency.
- The importance of personal emergency evacuation plans and fire drills, as well as how they may be involved in these.
Fire Safety For Care Homes Training
Who Should Take This Course?
This Fire Safety for Care Homes course is designed for people in senior positions in care homes, including owners, supervisors, and managers, but is suitable for anyone who works in a care setting. It teaches the learner what fire safety measures should be in place in care homes to minimise fire risks and assist vulnerable residents if they need to evacuate. Anyone at any level can take the course, as it provides a general understanding of fire safety before covering specific care home accommodations.
The course is not suitable for owners of, or those working in, sheltered accommodations (where care is not provided), including healthcare treatment premises (such as hospitals) and single private dwellings that provide out-posted nursing care.
Aims of the Training
By the end of this course you will:
- Understand why fire safety is important in residential care settings.
- Recognise what types of residents in care homes may be at significant risk.
- Know how to comply with fire safety law.
- Understand how fires start and how to prevent them.
- Know how to carry out a fire risk assessment.
- Understand the fire safety responsibilities of everyone in a care home.
- Recognise the various fire safety arrangements that care homes should implement.
- Understand which fire evacuation procedures care homes may need to ensure residents can evacuate safely.
- Know how to create personal emergency evacuation plans and carry out fire drills.
Risk Assessment Training
Who Should Take This Risk Assessment Course?
This online risk assessment training is suitable for anyone who has responsibility for carrying out a risk assessment of their workplace. The person who carries out the risk assessment is named the ‘competent person’ and this can be the business owner, a manager, a supervisor or anyone else within the business who has the necessary knowledge and experience.
This Risk Assessment course is suitable for all industries, workplace environments and premises and ensures that your company complies with the Management of Health and Safety Regulations 1999.
Aims of the Course
By the end of this course, learners will:
- Understand why carrying out a workplace risk assessment is essential for improving health and safety.
- Understand the types of accidents, injuries and ill health that may occur as a result of failing to manage health and safety.
- Have an awareness of the legal responsibilities of employers and employees in terms of risk assessments.
- Understand each of the five key steps of the risk assessment process.
- Feel confident to carry out a suitable and sufficient risk assessment of the workplace.